Lifeline by Kit Power

Lifeline - Kit Power

On his way home Frank is abducted. Not gently with Chloroform and a padded van. Nope, he is abducted violently and painfully. The stranger, as it turns out, has always wanted to torture someone to death. It must be Frank's lucky day.

I read this in one sitting, and let me tell you something. I didn't breath deeply once during this entire read. It would be too painful, and I felt Frank's pain every step of the way.

I have never rooted for a character so adamantly before. I didn't really get a sense of who Frank truly was at first, which normally would be a negative for me. But, in this case, it didn't matter. I felt myself getting to know him with every thought and action he took - or decided not to take.
Lifeline was one hell of a read, and not only was I unable to breath normally, I was incredibly anxious. I just couldn't relax while I was reading. The things that sick f@#$ker has in mind for Frank makes my skin crawl. I'll be looking over my shoulder - especially at night - until this story leaves my head ... if it ever does.

If you're looking for a super creepy, leave-the-lights-on-all-night kind of read, then Lifeline is for you.

[I originally reviewed this book in August 2014. I am in the process of transferring my blog contents.]