Discoredia by J.C. Michael

Discoredia - J.C. Michael

A castle has been built in the middle of nowhere for the sole purpose of hosting several raves a year. Some think he’s crazy, others think he’s wasting time and money. But for Warren, it is something he is compelled to do after suffering a personal tragedy.

When a new drug is offered to Warren’s ravers free of charge that is promised to be better than ecstasy with the unpleasant after effects, Warren agrees. That’s when chaos and madness erupts.

The world of Discoredia is brutal and gruesome, with incredible imagery that is simultaneously disturbing and beautiful.

It’s easy to get to know each of the characters, and they feel real, not like a name with a couple of adjectives thrown in to describe them. My favorite is probably Mr Woodrose, who is disgusting, yet captivating.
I couldn’t help wonder if the author has first-hand experience with raves and drugs, as the scenes come alive and leap off the pages with a feeling of legitimacy and accuracy that I can’t explain.

The plot is truly disturbing with plenty of violence, but I couldn’t stop reading. It was as if I was under the influence of something that prevented me from putting the book down.

[I originally read this book in May 2014. I am in the process of transferring my blog contents.]