Unnatural Occurrence by Peggy Martinez

Unnatural Occurrence (An Anna Morgan Novella (Part 1)) - Peggy Martinez

Anna Morgan, who is legally blind in one eye, sees so much more than "ordinary" people. After dying for seven seconds, she was revived with very unusual gifts: seeing wraiths and ghosts, people's auras, and can sense darkness in others.

After reading the description, I knew this novella had to go to the top of my list. In fact, I liked it so much that I read the entire novella in one sitting.

With a unique story, Peggy Martinez wrote one hell of a novella to whet my appetite. Anna is one of those characters that you instantly care for. Though I couldn't possibly know how she feels, I immediately empathize with her and care about what happens to her. I am very much looking forward to the next Anna Morgan novella.
However, there were a number of typos that often took me out of the story. Peggy Martinez has such a strong story here, but the pace of the unique plot was repeatedly interrupted by the typos and misspellings. Had many of these typos not been present, I would have easily rated this novella 5 Stars.

*Update: I began working with the author after getting in touch with her following my original review. I edited this novella, and it was re-published with the typos and misspellings corrected.

[I originally read this book in April 2014. I am in the process of transferring my blog contents.]