Chasing the Star Garden by Melanie Karsak

Chasing the Star Garden - Melanie Karsak

First, let me say that I have been in love with the cover of Chasing the Star Garden since it was revealed. It is a true work of art. Then, I fell head over heals - AGAIN - when I began reading it. The reason? Because I realized that the cover art is just a sampling of the overall beauty of the novel.

Lily Stargazer is sort of an anti-hero with her absinthe and opium addictions, not to mention having multiple lovers. But, at the same time, she is so beautiful, rebellious, and tough that I found it impossible not to love her as much as her lovers and friends love her. Even with a broken and dysfunctional past, she is determined to be strong.

We discover why Lily is feeling not quite whole through perfectly-timed and well executed memories, and I found myself wanting to throw my arms around Lily and comfort her.
With a beautiful historical London backdrop filled with amazing things like harlequins, quaint tearooms, dim opium dens, terrifying airship pirates, and awe-inspiring airship racers, Chasing the Star Garden is filled with action and adventure, loads of mystery, romance and sex, and of course, alcohol and drugs!

Chasing the Star Garden is a work of art, and I am very much looking forward to reading as many books as Melanie Karsak wishes to write in the series, be it three, four ... or even ten!

[I originally read this book in January 2014. I am in the process of transferring my blog contents.]