The Untimely Deaths of Daryl Handy by Patrick Rutigliano

The Untimely Deaths of Daryl Handy - Patrick Rutigliano

Driven by madness and hatred, a self-loathing doppelganger has shown up to take out Daryl Handy. Because, of all the Daryl Handys, he’s the anomaly, privy to the other versions of him whispering – sometimes shouting – in his head.

I like the hardcore nature of this short. The twisting plot was confusing at first, making me feel as if I was going mad myself; however, the moment I figured out what the heck was going on, I was hooked.

I admit that I found it difficult to cheer for Daryl, but I warmed up to him when I saw his affection toward Gabe, the child who lives next door, something the other Daryl Handy doesn’t seem to share - nor do Gabe's parents.
I wanted to rate this 3.5 stars, but since Goodreads doesn't allow half stars, I'm rounding up because, as a fan of horror, this really was an interesting read.

[I originally read this book in January 2014. I am in the process of transferring my blog contents.]